Does My Cloud Personal have independent outputs

Can the My Cloud Personal be connected independently to a laptop and a smart TV and at the same time? 

Yes…they are all just different netowk devices connecting to the same network…so of course they can. You can simultaneously read/write to the My Cloud from one laptop, while streaming a movie or a picture to your TV, while doing read/write from a 2nd laptop/desktop. Just be aware the more simulataneous devices tries to access the hard drive on the My Cloud, the slower data read-writes get because 1) you are accessing the same hard drive and 2) you are using the same wired connection to pull data out of My Cloud. But for just a couple devices it won’t be noticeable…but if you try to simulatenously access from 3-4 devices, you’ll start to notice a bit of sluggishness in data operations.

If this answers your question, please click on the star below my username on the left to give me a kudo…and als mark this answer as the solution.

Check out the User Manual, Getting Started. Other devices can be connected and use your My Cloud through your router, switches, and WiFi etc.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705103.pdf

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)