Does Live Plus Auto Power On?

Just trying to figure out how much work was done on the Live Plus before considering and upgrage…

Based on this Idea: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Ability-to-disable-auto-power-on-when-WDTV-LIVE-is-plugged-in/idi-p/4803, it looks like the Live turns on when it’s connected to AC power, just like the Gen1 and Gen2. Did this get fixed with the Live Plus so that it doesn’t turn on automatically?

nijaju wrote:

Just trying to figure out how much work was done on the Live Plus before considering and upgrage…

Based on this Idea: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Ability-to-disable-auto-power-on-when-WDTV-LIVE-is-plugged-in/idi-p/4803, it looks like the Live turns on when it’s connected to AC power, just like the Gen1 and Gen2. Did this get fixed with the Live Plus so that it doesn’t turn on automatically?

I went and exchanged my WD Live for a Plus today, and when I plugged in AC Power to the back, the unit turned on. Not sure if that is what you were looking for. Hope that helps.

Yes, it does turn on automatically.

Really, there is one and only one reason to “upgrade” to a Live Plus, and that’s Netflix.  The other things that are different about it (taking longer to boot up and shut down, for example) aren’t positivies.  If you want Netflix, you want the Plus.  If you don’t, stick with the Live.

mkelley wrote:

Yes, it does turn on automatically.

Really, there is one and only one reason to “upgrade” to a Live Plus, and that’s Netflix.  The other things that are different about it (taking longer to boot up and shut down, for example) aren’t positivies.  If you want Netflix, you want the Plus.  If you don’t, stick with the Live.

The only reason I wanted a Plus was to get rid of my Roku box and have an All-In-One solution. The be honest, some of the things I have noticed that are negatives:

1. I have everything setup right, connected to the TV via HDMI. The first time I play something in Netflix, there is no sound. This is really, really annoying. I have to first play something off my local USB Drive and then go into Nexflix and everything works fine.

2. The colors on the cover flow look like they have the contrast set WAY high. Looks bad. The shows themselves look great.

3. The menus are kind of slow, but then again I am coming from  the Roku box, which was a dedicated solution, geared specifically to connect and play Netflix (and other streaming channels) so I might have expectations that are higher than the WD Live Plus can handle right now.

Thats it so far, maybe I should ppost this in another thread and see if anyone else has the same issues…