Does 1.04.04 bring NFS back?

Hello,

I have updated my EX4 to 1.04.04 and did “factory reset” but still can not see NFS in the list of supported protocols. Did I misunderstood release notes saying “Updated FTP and NFS protocol to be disabled by default. Changes will occur if device is reset to factory state”?

1.04.04 Release notes

What I did is:

1. Updated firmware to 1.04.04 via Dashbord (Home / Firmware / Update)

2. Unit applied new firmware and rebooted

3. I logged in back and initiated factory reset (Settings / Utilities / Factory restore)

4. Unit applied change and rebooted

5. Loggin into Dashboard back and do not see the NFS option in the supported protocols (Settings / Network / under Network Services)

6. ‘dmesg’ shows initialization of NFS though:

NET: Registered protocol family 1
RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.
RPC: Registered udp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Boris

Hello world,  :)

I wonder if I’m the only one in the world under this firmware without NFS…

If you do have NFS option under available networking protocols and run 1.04.04 please chime in.

Thanks,

Boris

Will see this in a few days :slight_smile: im on vacation now

I have 1.04.04 and I do not see NFS under Network Service section on the dashboard.

The list of change for 1.04.04 says NFS is disabled by default, so that wording seems to imply to me that NFS could be enabled, so maybe someone from WD could answer for sure on your question.

this is interesting

i will take a look in a few days

In release notes NFS is in the same sentence as FTP. FTP is avilable as an option on Networking screen (even though disabled), but NFS not even shown as an option.

May be we “read” too much into the notes. :slight_smile:

My frank assessment is this latest batch of firmware release for all their products, EX2/EX4/Mirror, really only added support for their just launched 5 & 6 TB drives. Nothing else. The rest are just fillers to give their customers a feeling that this firmware was a regular firmware release. I already called them out on it here…that ftp disabling by default is just bs → http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/WD-My-Cloud-EX2-Firmware-Version-1-04-04/m-p/769609#M862