Docker support in OS5?

@palinansot,

If you can’t get it working as a .bin package, you can always install an older version of the docker package from the site, stop docker via SSH, overwrite the docker binaries with the new version and restart the docker services.

Cheers,

JediNite

1 Like

I am unable to download the docker_19.03.13_EX2Ultra.bin file, it says “Forbidden!”. Is there a mirror of this anywhere?

@bowzee,

There are copies of the latest actual docker binaries at https://github.com/JediNite/docker-ce-WDEX4100-binaries/releases/download/v20.10.7/docker-20.10.7.tgz and this should work on all ARM platforms running OS5 I believe. You can take the contents of this file and copy into the location where the current docker binaries are and it should work okay.

Cheers,

JediNite

https://github.com/jupiterben/wdpksrc/releases/download/docker-v20.10.12/docker_20.10.12_EX2Ultra.bin it is I am using now

1 Like

that works for me on my firmware version 5.19.117 , passed both hello-word and portainer

This package is working fine : https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/wd-community/EX2Ultra/raw/names/docker/versions/21.04.06/docker_21.04.06_EX2Ultra.bin

That bin , while it says 21.04.06 it contains docker 19.03.8. Took me a while to realize why it was failing for seccomp2.
After updateing to the one shared by @jupiterben it all worked

2 Likes

It installed ok for me, but clicking “configure” gives me a message that 192.168.x.x:9000 could not connect. How did you configure it?
Do you have a link for instructions, please?

[EDIT] Just found this on the forum that may explain some about the portainer port 9000.

hmmm… After reinstalling, the config page of Portainer works fine.

Hi all,

I’ve just tried a test generation of the docker packages at Release docker-v20.10.14 · JediNite/wdpksrc · GitHub or Release Docker v20.10.14 for WD My Cloud · WDCommunity/wdpksrc · GitHub. Let me know how they go.

Cheers,

JediNite

1 Like

I have installed it and so far it works well.

Actually I even installed Release docker-v20.10.15 · JediNite/wdpksrc · GitHub and so far I have no problems.

Update: After tinkering around with the Git repos I built and started using Docker 20.10.16

root@MyCloudPro home # docker --version
Docker version 20.10.16, build aa7e414

Happy to have an up-to-date Docker running on the My Cloud PR4100! :smiley:
Thanks @JediNite

1 Like
root@MyCloudPro docker # docker --version
Docker version 22.06.0-beta.0, build 3e9117b

:whale2:

Update: Reverted back to stable Docker 20.10.16 after failing to run Gitlab-Runner containers properly.

Update 2: Updated to Docker 20.10.17 & Docker-Compose 2.6.0.

root@MyCloudPro sea # docker run docker/whalesay cowsay "$(docker --version) $(docker-compose --version)"
    \
     \
      \     
                    ##        .            
              ## ## ##       ==            
           ## ## ## ##      ===            
       /""""""""""""""""___/ ===        
  ~~~ {~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~ /  ===- ~~~   
       \______ o          __/            
        \    \        __/             
          \____\______/   

Happy Sailing!

1 Like

Docker v20.10.15(.bin) for EX2 ultra is not working with firmware version 5.23.114. I can’t configure. empty page at port 9000. I also tried with older versions of docker. Can you help me?

At some point Portainer changed its port to 9443. Please try https://mycloudpro:9443

1 Like

Installed the provided 20.10.14 on my PR2100 and works fine but it doesn’t update my docker-compose version (stuck in docker-compose 1.28.5)
How can I update docker-compose?
Thx!

You either change the script file to download a newer version of docker-compose.

Or manually download the executable file and replace the old one in your NAS.

Here you can get the newest docker-compose releases (x86-64 for PR2100): Releases · docker/compose · GitHub

1 Like

Most apps on the pr4100 (latest build, but been there for over a year) runs programs like transmission through docker… you have to jump through some hoop to get the CLI worked out, but I have an image that has utilities like rar/unrar or other docker apps.

There is even a Docker App int he Western Digital GUI, mines at 21.04.06

Far smarter folks have writeups on this :slight_smile:

~John

Hi.
Where did you find it ? Thanks.

21.04.06 is not the actual Docker version, but rather the date of it. It really contains docker outdated version 19.03.8. You can easily check this using the CLI and typing docker --version

root@MyCloudPro  # docker --version
Docker version 23.0.6, build ef23cbc

In fact, there is no stable Docker version 21.x or 22., the next version jumps from 20.x to 23.x