Do NOT update firmware

We have not seen any widespread problems with this update. Certainly the few that have had problems are hopefully being helped by support, but records indicate that the indicate is going pretty smooth.

Tony

Fair enough, Tony.  Thanks.  I guess I’ll just chalk it up to “lucky me.” :smiley:  Regardless of my problems, I do want to say that WD support has handled things well.

I decided to just return my MBL for an exchange. I took the risk and updated my drive by clicking on the alert that comes up on the far right corner near the logout button in the dashboard and I waited with fingers crossed. I am happy to let you guys know that the drive updated smoothly and the status shows “good”. I think thats the way to update the drive.

To their credit, the WD support team helped a lot and even went to extent of offering to exchange the drive. Thanks so much to them. In the end I chose to just take the easy route out by getting an exchange…I think instant gratification has spoilt me:womanvery-happy:

There was an identical thread a few weeks ago, may have been regarding the update TO 1.02.03, but yeah, the “don’t touch it” screen hangs for a long time.  I powered off the drive and restarted, the wireless router changed the IP (dhcp I guess) so I had to remap, but the new firmware HAD installed correctly and the drive has been working fine.

The issue does seem to be in the installation status/communication area.