Do not have "add button" in APPS

I cannot install Plex Apps because I don’t have the “+icon” in Apps dashboard!

Thanks

add button.pdf (147.1 KB)

What My Cloud model do you have? The single bay/single drive My Cloud units DO NOT have or officially support adding apps.

Unofficially it may be possible to add third party apps to the second generation single bay v2.x firmware My Cloud’s.

My Cloud Update version 2.30.172 firmware. Is that single bay which I am not sure?
I am using Mac not window, can I install apps via SSH?
thanks
Damien

Does your device have one HDD or two? That’s what makes it single bay (or not). Two drives or more is not a single bay. This subforum is for the single bay MyCloud.

Read the thread Bennor posted; the instructions are there.

How many hard drives does your My Cloud have? Does your My Cloud look like this?

Did you read the link I posted above? If not see the link I posted above on enabling apps on the My Cloud gen 2 single bay units. It explains how to use SSH to try and enable the apps tab. You would use an SSH client on the Mac to access the My Cloud using SSH. One has to enable SSH through the My Cloud Dashboard before using SSH to access the My Cloud.

HI Bennor

Yes,this is the one I had! Mind is Single drive which found from your Link WD product.

I am now reading it and will follow the instruction to “enable the tab”.
"
1)Go to web interface
2)In “URL” field (In your browser) type:
javascript:APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();
"
is the step below:
Log on to your WD My Cloud dashboard
Open up the Console within your browser
Copy and paste this into the Console - APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();
Press enter
Close Console
Navigate to the Apps page within the dashboard
You should now see the option at the top to install apps - install WD My Crack.

so do I need to install the "WDMyCloud_WDCrack"app ?

thanks

Yes. Just follow the steps outlined in that post…

1. Go to web interface
  2. In “URL” field (In your browser) type:
    javascript:APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();
    Alternative way: Press [ctrl] + [shift] + [i], open “Console” tab, put this and hit [enter]:
    APP_INSTALL_FUNCTION=1; APPS_EULA=1; check_app_eula();
  3. Go to Apps tab and install “WD_Crack” app.
  4. Refresh page and install any other apps.

manage to show the “add apps manually”, but stuck on the “agreement page”, nothing after pressing Accept!

I also follow the post said to reboot to fix it, but dont work!
thanks

I found out the solution for the accept button.

I can install Plex Media Server successfully.

However, it will fail to update when doing it manually. any autoupdate apps?

Is that WDMyCloud_UtilsUpdate_17.bin for this function? do I need to install it?

thanks

Hello, sorry but I have not understood yet. I am at the same point as described here. The Accept button does not work.
What exactly is the solution now?
Which console is meant here? The console inside the web browser or the “SSH connection”- console?
I have tried both. Unfortunately without success.
Maybe you can remember your procedure.
I would be very grateful for any help!

You should see the first post of the previously linked thread that explains how to open the “console” on the web browser while one has the My Cloud Dashboard open.

Then try what was indicated in this post again.

Note that these directions are only for the second generation v2.x firmware single drive/single bay My Cloud units. They will not work on the first gen v4.x single bay My Cloud unit.

Hi Bennor, thanks for your fast reply!
I have read all this carefully and several times. However, I did not understand how to bypass the defective Accept button. When and where the commands has to be entered. As already written, I have tried different variants.

Now I have found in another thread a variant that works for me.

I have downgraded the firmware, the button with the commands activated. (in an older version, the accept button works) and manually installed the apps “WD Cracks 1.2” and “PhpMyAdmin”. (binaries from http://fox-exe.ru/WDMyCloud/WDMyCloud-Gen2/Apps/)
After a firmware update, the add button is gone again, but the installed apps remains.

Do I understand correctly that with this hack I have to rely on the selection in the file archive of fox_exe?
There is no chance for me as a user to officially update my app PhpMyAdmin?
Thanks

The single bay second generation My Cloud was never intended to have the third party apps that the multi bay My Cloud units support. As such one may be limited to the few apps that users have created/modified to work on the 2nd gen single bay My Cloud.

One can always dive in and attempt to make their own app or update an app that is no longer updated in the other thread discussion. Otherwise one is likely going to have to hope someone else in that thread updates the app. One can post a request in that thread and hope someone responds with an updated app version.

It is generally recommended that one NOT perform an “apt-get” to update anything on their single bay My Cloud. Doing so typically bricks (renders unusable) the single bay My Cloud.

Ok, I got it. Thanks a lot!