Do I have to upgrade firmware one version at a time or immediately version 1.02.21?

Hey folks!

Just bought my WDTV Live!

Do I need to upgrade one version at a time or the latest version immediately?

Thanks so much!

Elad

P.S. I plan to play from an external hard drive, I read people had some issues with the drive access in the newest version, do you recommend I upgrade at all?

eladnava wrote:

Hey folks!

Just bought my WDTV Live!

Do I need to upgrade one version at a time or the latest version immediately?

Thanks so much!

Elad

P.S. I plan to play from an external hard drive, I read people had some issues with the drive access in the newest version, do you recommend I upgrade at all?

The only official upgrade is the latest one. This includes all the previous updates. So the answer to your question is to go straight with the latest version.

If you are happy then you don’t have to upgrade. Some people have found problems with certain hard drives after the upgrade but others have not so it difficult to advise.

I just found out my version is 01.01.00 thats so old. I’m gonna upgrade, if I can’t get it working correctly after then I’ll just do the firmware version trick and roll back. That is, if it don’t brick my system. :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for your reply!

eladnava wrote:

I just found out my version is 01.01.00 thats so old. I’m gonna upgrade, if I can’t get it working correctly after then I’ll just do the firmware version trick and roll back. That is, if it don’t brick my system. :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for your reply!

Best to do it via a USB stick rather than the network. Call back if you have problems. 

After the update its best to follow the instructions on this link

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/1-02-21-network-amp-sub-problem/m-p/24240#M2355

Thanks a lot for your help with my questions richUK, I will definitely do that very soon. I hope nothing goes wrong. :slight_smile:

Alright man, I just upgraded, I crossed my fingers, and it booted up correctly! :slight_smile:

I’m so happy that my unit didn’t get bricked.

I can’t wait to watch some movies!!! 1080p SURROUND SOUND BABY!

Thanks again for your help !!! :smiley: