DLNA Server has no files since upgrading to v04.01.03-421

Anybody experienced a loss of media serving since upgrading to the latest firmware? I have tried Rescan and Rebuild with no success. At a loss now on how to restore media serving. Thanks, Paul

Firmware upgrade is a reliable way to break the Twonky media server.

You might gets some tips on how to recover the situation, and how to prevent it happening in future from my FAQ:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/FAQ-Twonky-DLNA-Media-Server-Setup-amp-Use/td-p/858810

One common problem is that you may need to re-enable Media Serving on the Public Share; this can be turned off by a firmware upgrade, and it’s one of two controls you need to set to enable media streaming.

Thanks for the info. Will see if I can get things to work again using that link.

Digging through the various posts, I ended up on the thread that talks about backing up the CacheVolume and restarting the Twonky server. That seems to have fixed it - at least it appears to have. It’s scanning and finding Music at the moment. We’ll see if it finds the Photos and Movies as well

pauldwd wrote:
Digging through the various posts, I ended up on the thread that talks about backing up the CacheVolume and restarting the Twonky server. That seems to have fixed it - at least it appears to have. It’s scanning and finding Music at the moment. We’ll see if it finds the Photos and Movies as well

yep I sometimes have to use the Twonky server and clear the cache and rescan from there.   

Well, I hope it’s fixed your problem, but my experience is that it can scan happily, and then forget everything it’s found…

If that happens, look at the Shares|Public|Media Serving setting.