DLNA "No Content Shared" after updating to version MyBookLive 02.32.05-046

Hi,

I have been using my DLNA setup for over a year now with no problems at all. After updating to the latest MyBookLive 02.32.05-046 version consisting of Twonky 5.1.9, my content is not available on client devices any more. Below are my clients:

  1. iPad - 8player

  2. iPad - AcePlayer

  3. LG TV - 42LM6690 - getting “no content shared” message

  4. some clients on android phone

After this update, none of these clients are getting media to browse and play. Primary issue is the media is not available for browsing hence I cannot reach to play at all. 

I’m attaching several screenshots from my client apps and stats from twonky home page. 

Has anybody found any solution? pl share any workaround until WD/Twonky fix this problem.

Tx

Twonky Server Details.PNG

IMG_0110.jpg

Hi, yes, what I did was open the link ,

http://mybooklive:9000/config

which took me to the twonky media server setup, went to sharing in basic steps and found there was no sharing directory listed, I pointed it to the public folder on the MBL, and hey presto, content is now visible again on all my devices :smiley:

Hope this helps

Dear smooses,

Thank you very much for the info. This seems to have done the trick.

However, this setting is getting lost when device reboots. So everytime there is a device reboot, I have to set this again? or is there a better way?

thanks again…

are you sure that the global setting in the web UI wasn’t turned to “off”?  check the global setting and the individual share folder sharing settings and make sure they’re all set to be on. Perhaps that 9000 config page is just pulling its status from the webUI setting, and manual changes to the status are lost on reboot.

Global setting in Media->Twonky Services is ON. if not, i wouldnt expect twonky to appear in my clients. As mentioned in previous post, any content location added through WebUI Config (http://mybooklive:9000/config) is getting lost on reboot even if these locations are checked.

Global setting in Media->Twonky Services is ON. if not, i wouldnt expect twonky to appear in my clients. As mentioned in previous post, any content location added through WebUI Config (http://mybooklive:9000/config) is getting lost on reboot even if these locations are checked.

twonky enabled.JPG

content location setting.JPG

I got it working after getting ssh access to the file system. There is a “contentdir” at /etc/ directory. contents of this file are being dumped into the twonky config during system startup from “writeTwonkyContentDir.sh” script. In my environment, for some reason, this file was empty hence my config was getting reset at reboot.

I hope this will help someone facing similar problem

My guess is y’all are not configuring the shares for media streaming within the MBL UI, NOT the Twonky UI.

Hey Tony, the problem stems from the last firmware update, it seems that if you’re updating from an older firmware like I was, after not updating the last few releases before this one, then it causes this problem. Nothing else was changed before the update, content was visible and working fine, then after the update this problem occured, which has yet to be addressed by the folk at WD…

Glad I was of some help neo dapi  :slight_smile: