Finally - maybe - I could solve the problem.
First I removed the “Media” attribute from the “public” share.
Then I restarted creating the database index in DLNA. (BTW: This was the first time, that the GUI showed up busy for more than 2 seconds).
Then - of course - DLNA still didn’t work.
Then I re-added the “Media” attribute to the public share and again
restarted creating the database index in DLNA.
The GUI showed up activity for about 10 seconds. After going to my WD drive I noticed, that the HD still was very busy - so the indexing was in progress in spite of there isn’t any light any more at the front and in spite of the GUI does not show any activity.
But after about ca. 5 minutes I could see the first pictures with “Bubble UPnP” on my android smartphone, and mp3 seems to work, too. Videos I could not check in this short time, but I’m hopeful that they will show up, too.
I’m sad, that the front-LED doesn’t lite any more after this update…
P.S.: Half an hour after these activities the HD still is under “heavy load” - so possibly the indexing takes a long time.
P.S.2: If this is the case, the WD software should show up a note about this instead of the 10 seconds animation in the GUI.