DLNA Media Server does not detect any media

Hi!

It’s from the last Firmware update (to 7.2.9_7.5.0-43) that DLNA media server is not detecting any media file. I haven’t made any change to the shared folders or media files (which were detected previously without any problem). I rechecked carefully any sensitive settings such as folder permissions, media servings or streaming: apparently everything is correct. I’m now stuck without any chance to play any media from my Samsung TV (twonky is detected, but no file is shown).

DLNA Media Server
Media Streaming ON View Media Players »
Version 7.2.9_7.5.0-43
Media Music Tracks: 0 Pictures: 0 Videos: 0
Last Update Monday, December 29, 2014 4:54:00 PM

Hopefully anyone can help. Thanks!

PS: I renamed some files and created new folders without success

Did you try a Rescan and if that did not work a Rebuild?

What does your Content Scan Status show? See image below.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Hi Cat,

Thanks for your answer. I tried both and unfortunately I got nothing positive… I’m thinking to try a system factory restore, but just a a last resort (I’m not sure it will solve the problem).

If the IP address of your NAS is 192.168.1.100, go to the 192.168.1.100:9000 address. YOu will access the Twonky server settings. Go through the setup options and make sure the right shares are there. Trigger a database rebuild from there as well.

Hi Etupes,

Many thanks for you suggestion. I’ve tried through that address. Apparently everything is OK, even though the server keeps detecting 0 media…

Hi ToniM

Might be worth checking the directory your music is in is listed on the Twonky sharing page and has a tick in the box to the left of it and then click save at the bottom of the page.  I’ve found new firmware updates sometimes resets some of the Twonky settings.

Hi Graham,

I’ve carefully cheched the twonky settings, and everything is apparently correct. I think I’ll need to restore the device completely, hopefully it will solve the problem. Thank you!!!

I had similar problems with video files. Try to rename one file, does it appear after renaming it ?

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Twonky-media-server-does-not-recognize-all-video-files-mp4/m-p/813953/highlight/true#M23404

Hi! Yes, I tried to rename, but didn’t work. Actually, I created a new folder, granted all the permissions, copied a new file and still the same. It’s Definitely odd…

Hi! Yes, I tried to rename, but didn’t work. Actually, I created a new folder, granted all the permissions, copied a new file and still the same. It’s definitely odd…

Just FYI, I have eventually solved the problem by performing a System Factory Restore (“system only”). Luckily, “system only” keeps all the contents.

Thanks for your suggestions and support.

1 Like