DLNA issue: portait oriented image through NAS Synology DS207+ DLNA

Hi folks,

I’ve got a weird issue when display pictures with my WD HD TV live from my NAS (Synology DS207+). The displayed picture has got a very very poor quality on the TV. The funny thing is that all landscape oriented pic are well displayed with the excepted quality. If I do browse the picture trough the samba client of my WD HD TV live, then all images are fine. But if I do the same though DLNA, then all portrait images have got their quality degraded.
Not sure if it is WD or Synology issue.
The interesting thing is that all images are fine trough DLNA with my PS3. So I do supect an issue on the WD side.

Regards.

I tested on my DLNA TV (Sony W5500). It worked fine. So it definitely an issue on WH HD TV Live.

I hope it will fix with the next firmware.

You got your WD TV Live to work with the DS207’s DLNA server?  You’re 1 step ahead of the game.  Mine wont work at all.

Correct. I just enable the DLNA multimedia service (with latest firmware) and rock’n roll!!

=)

http://www.synology.com/support/download.php?lang=enu

Active community on:

http://forum.synology.com/enu/

I think it’s showing the thumbnails, not the full picture, hence the bad quality.

htere is a little checkbox on the syno, for thumbnails, to be cheked

Thank. I’m already aware that this option under the Syno NAS must be unticked. Otherwise, you’re correct, the thumbnail will be displayed instead the real picture.

The current problem only append for picture in portrait mode!! :dizzy_face:

All pics in landscape mode are well displayed…

I hope WD dev team will record and fix this issue.

Thanks chfau trying help me.  

LapinFou wrote:

The current problem only append for picture in portrait mode!! :dizzy_face:

All pics in landscape mode are well displayed…

I hope WD dev team will record and fix this issue.

Thanks chfau trying help me.  

Not only in portrait mode, I’ve the same thing on all pics that I’ve scanned (from films) where I think the mode (portrait/landscape) is not set . I’ve not tested pics from a digital camera (so with the mode set) I’ll give it a try asap.

As said elsewhere :), all these pictures are fine on my W5500 as well so This is not an issue with the DLNA server.

BTW, DLNA with synology is working “fine” since the first firmware of the WDTV.

Same problem here.

Portrait pictures via DLNA from my DS209+ are shown in bad quality. The same pictures via share are good. My Sony Bravia shows all pictures in good quality via DLNA. Seems to be a bug in the WDTVlive.

I agree. Pics fine when viewed via network share but very poor in media server. Like most NMT devices photos have been horribly neglected.