DLGDIAG Quick Test and Extended Test Fail

I have 500GB WD  that I used as my backup/file storage drive that I can no longer access.
Quick Test and Extended Test using DLGDIAG shows the below result “FAIL”. I have

inquire about the warranty it is still under warranty until Jan 2013. My question is, If I send my faulty harddrive,
would WD recover the data for me? thanks

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WDC WD5000AAKS-22V1A0
Unit Serial Number: WD-WCAWdeleted
Firmware Number: 05.01D05
Capacity: 500.11 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 06-Quick Test on drive 2 did not complete! Status code = 07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint = 97 (Unknown Test) SMART self-test did not complete on drive 2!
Test Time: 21:59:02, June 13, 2012
Test Option: EXTENDED TEST
Model Number: WDC WD5000AAKS-22V1A0
Unit Serial Number: WD-WCAWdeleted
Firmware Number: 05.01D05
Capacity: 500.11 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 08-Too many bad sectors detected.
Test Time: 22:12:44, June 13, 2012

Hi I am sorry but no they will only replace the hard drive unless you request data recovery but data recovery can be very expensive. You would have to call them to arrange it and they would give you a estimate

Thank you Hammey… Well thats what I thought…I am hoping I could used some software which would fix Bad Sectors so I can recover my files. At the moment, I am looking about this HDD Regenerator if it can really fix my problem. Does anyone here use it and does it work to fix bad sectors? thanks

I’ve had success with GetDataBack if it’s a problem where you’ve lost your Master Boot Record or some such software problem. You can find the software here: http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm It will tell you if it can recover the data. It costs $79 to get your data back. If it’s a hardware problem, then you would have to price a data recovery service. They’re expensive, upwards to $1200 or more.