DL4100 Failure Need Help With DATA RECOVERY

My DL4100 has died. I was running OS5 when it died. I had 2 WD red and 2 WD Red Pro drives installed set up as two separate RAID 1 pairs. One drive set was 4TB drives, the other 8TB drives. Most of my data was recently backup up, but there is a small amount which was not that I want to recover.

I purchased a StarTech.com case to install the drives in which then can connect via USB. I have tried connecting using Linux running on a VM on my PC (with Linux extensions installed) and connected it to my new Synology NAS. In both instances, I can see 4 partitions. Only one is EXT4, which I can read, but the other 3 partions are “Not Supported”. Of course, the partition with the data is “Not Supported”. On the 8TB drive, partition 4, 929MB, is the only EXT4 formatted partition and appears to hold file system data. It has two folders .systemfile and lost+found.

I need to know what format the other drive partitions are formatted in and how to read get the driver to read them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hi @MDC,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask