DL4100 does not appear under Network Computers

Hi Joerg,

I think we will agree that a Win network needs a consistent and always-on MB, and ideally only one, That’s what I have going for me and life is a lot smoother regarding my PC-related life because of this.

I agree, it could be a bug in Win 10 code; maybe more than one bug, too.

Speaking of bugs: The first year of having my WDTV, I could have screamed every time the device told me “there is no media in this folder” when my laptop was chock full of mp3 files. It was when I would access the folder using Media Server mode of WDTV. It took me a year to figure out the problem. Something was going on with sharing the PC folder and the shared media would often disappear and WDTV could not see it anymore. It turned out that when I shared the folder, Windows would say it was shared within a minute or so, but it wasn’t yet. It was rebuilding its list of all the shared music files (for its media server) again, and that could take 20-30 minutes. A couple of years later the problem was finally gone, and I attributed it to a Win update (code fix) that fixed the Windows media server problem. Other problems with Windows have come and gone after MS fixed “something” that had gone haywire,

Anyway, Joerg, I am glad you can find time to check on us forum members’ issues and concerns and lend an assist. I wish more folks in your high position were doing the same. Thanks, Mike

1 Like