DL4100 as Master Browser

Great price; I just looked an now they are “on sale” for $87 (includes $20 off). So, hope you got yours at $50 sale price. (I missed seeing that deal, although for over two years I got one on sale at Newegg, and it is still sealed, and to be used if current one ever goes poof.

Suggestion: keep the white one set up as router, bring it on vacations made by car; bring the drive you will attach to it, and use it as a “wireless drive” wherever you are! I have a router just for that purpose. I got the idea from a post in the WD My Net forum, and took the idea and ran with it. See my link:

In fact, I took it even further; I ran across an eBay deal recently on a discontinued new, open box, MyNet 900 Central router (the one with the 1TB drive in it) Copied my My Cloud media to it, and on next car vacation it goes with us! I have a couple of wireless hard drives, but they are all 2.4G band, and with this router I have faster 5G to stream from.

If you want an AP, get a range extender instead. Here is a link to a company that has been liquidating the entire WD My Net line for a couple of years. They still have the WD Range Extender (new) for only $30 bucks. Great price for something that once listed for around $100. I have two set up; one for 2.4G band and one for 5G band. They do the job to get full house coverage!
http://grassrootscomputers.com/collections/frontpage/products/wdbapk0000nch

Yep, the My Net line did not sell well. WD’s loss, our gain.

1 Like