Diskparted my Passport Utlra

Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise

After accidentally diskparting my Passport Ultra, I formatted it and can use it as a regular external drive. However, WD software does not recognize it as being a WD drive. Using WD Smartware and WD Disk Utilites, the drive does not show up in either. Is there some way to resolve this issue?

I find that the WD software will not recognize it as a WD drive when it is plugged into any USB 3.0 port but it will recognize it as a WD drive when plugged into a USB 2.0 port. If I can only use it like this then I lose the speed advantage of 3.0. So that is my issue now to get it recognized as a WD drive when plugged into a USB 3.0 port. 

Hi there and welcome tot he WD community.

Were you able to see the drive when it was connected to a USB 3.0 port? If so try to see if the drive can be uninstalled from device manager and then reboot the computer to see if the USB 3.0 ports can see the unit again. You can also try to install the SES drivers on the computer see if this helps you out:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5419

Welcome to the Community.

It looks like a USB 3.0 driver issue. Do you use a USB 3.0 booster like ASUS’s UASP mode?

Okay, I borrowed my friend’s passport Utlra that has not been modified (not diskparted). It shows up fine on USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 and is recognized by the WD software as a WD hard drive. My diskparted one does show up on USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 by Windows but while on USB 3.0 it is not recognized by the WD Software as a WD hard drive.