Disk activity even when idle (4TB Sharespace)

Hi

There is some random activity in my 4TB Sharespace even when all of my computers are closed (it makes some noise during the night). Should i be worried about security breach? I have disabled FTP and NFS on shares. Mionet won’t stop even when i disable it.

Thanks

I have two WDC backup systems.  On the desktop with MS Win XP-rev3, over two months ago it started

consuming the system right from start up.  The WD Anywhere Backup just is running hard every time

I boot, I can not get to the WD panel or have come up so I can tell it to go inactive. So I have

to use task Manger to shut WD down.  When I am done working I reboot and let it go mad over night

and in the morning it is still going mad and is not responsive – so I use task manager again to

start working.  I have twice removed and reinstalled the current version from you web. There is no

improvement.    Also you help line says WD anywhere can ONLY do drive C – and that is not true

because other set up are doing it fine.  John PD

Sounds like you both have two different issues.  Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en