Discovered "Reflections" Code for Thumbnails

I had a C64 too but not because I am soooooooo old because i grew up in the Czech Repuplic and this was the best you can get. “Summer Games” yay

@DeVicious

I had a C64 too but not because I am soooooooo old because i grew up in the Czech Repuplic and this was the best you can get. “Summer Games” yay

Yes, fond memories of that one and countless others (personal fond memory of ‘Impossible Mission’)

And therein lies the Irony, decades later, we are given games on the WD Live Hub which makes Atari 2600 Games look ‘Next Gen’ in comparison.

Sure, the WD Live Hub Games (and even ‘Games’ offered on my Panasonic Tv) are written in Java …

But, Seriously why bother ? 

This is 2012 … Im Assuming People at least own a PS1 / 2 / 3 , XBOX1 / 360 or NINTENDO 64 / Wii  etc…

It’s been posted before… but a MAME Emulator would be sweet.  (Using a USB Keyboard Attached to the Hub of Course)  … 

Hit   “F1”   repeatedly to insert coin / credits… 

A mame Emu, now that would be sweet. i will vote for that one.

as for computers… i had a zx81… and i swapped my top of the range 3 geared bike for it… and that is because im old :smileyvery-happy:

@JoeySmyth

I agree with you on the games, there could be done so much more but maybe the TV Manufactures are trying to avoid conflict of interest or something. There is a lot more that could be done or emulated. I only put the games back into the menu coz people asked for it, for me it is pointless, i have better games on my phone, on facebook… **bleep** there is a better game on my coffee machine :wink:

Man we’re gettong off topic…but, I’m really amazed Sony hasn’t incorporated a PS3 into one of their TV’s. Just one more main board to add…

Hello,

nice work, is it possible to mix the original mochi + your refection code like this:

drizzt09 wrote:

@Joey

I was wondering if you planning on redesigning Æonish and Alaska with this new discovery or are you planning on saving this for your next adventure?

waiting for answer too

@Turrican
“is it possible to mix the original mochi + your refection code like this”

Absolutely, Modify the Demo XML Provided in the Download Link on Page(1)

@mMcCorner
drizzt09 wrote:
@Joey
 I was wondering if you planning on redesigning Æonish and Alaska with this new discovery or are you planning on saving this for your next adventure?

waiting for answer too

OK, Answer … N o    

Well Kinda, Reflectlion Mirror Code does not align properly while using the scale_type=“pan” code … so, no plan to change Aeonish Hub which was PNG Reflections anyway… but 

A while ago, I was working on a “Aeonish Hub CoverFlow”  for a friend who does not want to use “Thumbgen” or “Moviesheets”

Now that i have the Hubs Internal Movie Scraper working again on Firmware 2.07.17 … (after rolling back from latest Firmware)

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Re-Activate-Hub-Scraper-after-Rollback-GUIDE/td-p/385687

Ive been designing a 100%  … NO Thumbgen Moviesheet Making Required.

This is “Gallery View”  … with my Mod, The WDTV Live Hub is Generating everything ‘Real - Time’

ie. the 4 Screenshots below were NOT created with Thumbgen … the Hub is doing the ‘Work’ :smiley:

Forgot to Mention … Everything is Using True and Proper JPEG Format :smiley:

1 Like

@ JoeySmyth

Absolutely, Modify the Demo XML Provided in the Download Link on Page(1)

Can You help me with the code , my english and my skills are not good enough.

joey great work Can we use this mod with wdtv live smp?

@harisj16

Dunno, i guess so ?   i dont own an smp.

harisj16 wrote:
joey great work Can we use this mod with wdtv live smp?

yes it works :smiley:

havent released it yet to anybody, so, cant be 100% certain

JoeySmyth wrote:

havent released it yet to anybody, so, cant be 100% certain

I released it and I have a whole bunch of SMP peeps who told me it works :slight_smile:

Sorry, Devicious … I Believe Forum Member harisj16 is not refering to Page(1) Demo Link

He’s asking about my Gallery Mod …this one … (which is not available anywhere, as im still working on it and have not posted it)

Hope all goes well and we can start to use it in the black mamba, lstar, aeonish themes. Detail looks 1000 times better with the code you found Joey. So much more color and contrast.

@Wdlivetvhub-DM

black mamba, lstar  are Thumbgen created Moviesheets with Information Hardcoded on them.

This Work in progress Does Not. 

It uses ‘Fanart’ Image Generated Automatically from the Hub’s Internal Scraper and Movie Info Generated Automatically from Hub’s created Metadata all generated 'On the fly in Engine"

Aeonish not considered for this as the ‘Reflections’ code does not work with  scale_type=“x”  which is featured predominantly throughout the Aeonish Hub Theme.

There is no cross-compatibly for existing Themes or Moviesheets … This works with just standard Hub Generated Posters, Backdrops and Metadata (ie. the movie.xml)

This is a Theme design for a person/people who have never used (or don’t have the time to create) Moviesheets.

now I get it, you made a topic within the topic. that’s awesome!

Hi Joey, I would love to use this version. For me it is just too much work creating moviesheets. Getting the look you showed above without moviesheets is awesome.

Thanks for sharing all your efforts!!

One question - does this method have the delay in showing the background when browsing?

@ JoeySmyth

I think this theme will be useful for a lot of users who don’t like doing the full moviesheets, just a couple questions tho

Although I don’t do the moviesheet thing I have been making the thumbnail covers with either the DVD box art or the BluRay box art. I have been using Tinwarble’s template but it uses the png to .jpg trick on firmware 2.07, and most template packages I have used have the transparency of a png image. (I’m not looking to keep the reflection as I know this will be done within the code of the new theme)

What I’m looking for is a boxart template for DVD and BluRay that is saved as the native .jpg so that I could just use the cover Thumbs that Thumbgen can create with the new themese for 3.03 fw.

Also I saw on your Aeonish Revision theme that for the TV shows you had a cover thumb that had a picture form the episode and the episode description underneith, is there a template to get this item and does thumbgen scrape the data for these thumbs somehow.

So will basically use your new “No moviesheet” theme when it is released but create my own thumbs (if i can get the right templates) for each movie and each tv show.

Thanks again for the work on the themes