Disabling icon previews on MBLD

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so I’ll also post on the Apple community. Basically, I’m looking for a way to disable the showing of icon previews on my MBLD.

The reason for this is when I am browsing my files via FTP using Filezilla or Transmit the browsing experience is lightening quick, I can cet into any folder and see all files within a split second even when accessing the MBLD from outside of my home network like when I’m at work even though my works internet is like somthing from the dark ages.

But when I am browsing the MBLD via SMB of AFP through the Finder it’s painfully slow.

I know that the Finder is loading all the icon previews, PSD, TIFF, JPG, PDF, Word etc. when I really don’t want it to, I maybe wrong, but it seems that this process is the main cause of the tremendous lagg when browsing my files.

So I was hoping to find a way to set the MBLD to not allow icon/file previews from being displayed.

I have already tried turning off the “show icon preview” option in OSX but I can’t get this to have any effect on network drives.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Problem solved.

Thought I’d post this incase anyone else has a similar issue.

The issue is with the creation of the .DS_Store files that OSX creates on any mounted volume. These are the hidden files OSX uses to retain general information about files and folders.

Using a brilliant piece of software called ‘Blueharvest’ which removes all .DS_Store files along with all the .appledoubles and basically resets the mounted voulume and all it’s contents. For me this means no more icon previews. :slight_smile:

Browsing my MBLD is now lightening quick. Anyone else having this issue should give this a shot.