Disable Red LEDs when disk space is above 95%?

Hi,

This topic was mentioned earlier without any solution. When NAS space used reaches 95%, Red Solid LED is turned on, which is very annoying due to its light intensity. It is fine to get it as a warning, but we should be able to acknowledge it, and then red light should be turned off, furthermore when 5% free space of 12 TB is 600 GB!!! which is a huge amount of free storage to raise an alarm.

Is there any way to disable red LED on this situation?

Hi,

You can simply disable the LED Light display by going to the Dashboard and under ‘Energy Saver’ options, toggle the LED option to OFF.
For more info about this, check out page 114 of the User Manual

Thanks for the suggestion @Feragui. Unfortunately, it is not a solution, since this option disables just HDs status leds, not the overall system one, so red led light remains on, even if the option is enabled.

I second this. What’s bothersome too is that the red light becomes permanently on, and you’ll lose any indication that the drives are sleeping.

1 Like

And this is why I hate WD products. They need to stop over innovating and just keep things simple. I was very reluctant to upgrade the firmware for my EX2 and now I am sorry that I did. This new white and blue background is an eyesore. The gray was much easier on the eyes. Now this new red led when disc usage is above 95% is another asinine feature. At least give us the option to disable this so called feature.

1 Like

Found a temporary solution to this annoying issue: you can force each led color an status login into the unit via ssh and using ‘led’ command, for instance, in order to change main led solid red into solid blue (in case you are below 5% disk free), just enter the command:

led power blue on

By the way, it seems EX2 is formally out of maintenance by WD, even though it was forgotten long time ago.