Directory structure & media scanning

About to purchase a Live Hub to replace another (not to be mentioned) media player that is not living up to expectations…

I currently have my media player mapped as a network drive (N:) from my PC and have just gone through the pain of rebuilding my iTunes library based on all media living in the location N:\iTunes

I had planned to map the Live Hub as another letter, copy in the iTunes directory into the roort directory of the Live Hub, disconnect the other media player, and then remap the Live Hub as N:

PC shouldn’t know the difference?

Question is does the Live Hub need media to be in a particular location or will it scan the entire root directory?

Thx

Correct;  PC shouldn’t know the difference.

The Hub has no requirements to put media in specific locations.

Two things:

1.) You should be able to do the copy directly by seeing the old media player’s share from the WD Hub’s OSD. Should be faster and not tie up your computer.

2.) Be ready, if you talking about music files, I find the UI design for view by filename or title, along with the choices to group by folder or artist somewhat lacking. There is not a lot of flexibility nor does it do a good job of reading the ID3 tags.

PeterRtx wrote:

Two things:

1.) You should be able to do the copy directly by seeing the old media player’s share from the WD Hub’s OSD. Should be faster and not tie up your computer.

2.) Be ready, if you talking about music files, I find the UI design for view by filename or title, along with the choices to group by folder or artist somewhat lacking. There is not a lot of flexibility nor does it do a good job of reading the ID3 tags.

I read your comment on my idea to sort by more than one ID tag. Could you vote for the idea, the more people that vote, the more chance there is that WD will take notice. Thanks