Direct connection without connections

Hello,

I got a mybookworld ethernet edition and i have very large files to transfer from it to my computer. Therefore, is it possible to transfer files directly with cables instead of over the air using my wifi network…  I am currently transfering at 1.67 MB/sec, which will take me 15 hours to transfer all my files…   Maybe we can use USD or Ethernet cable between the drive and my computer to have a faster transfer ?

if this is possible, what could be the procedure ?

Thank you

Greg

Plug your computer into your router - that should speed things up signifigantly. You could try plugging the drive into your computers NIC port, but that’s hit-or-miss depending on a lot of factors.

I have tried plugin my cmputer ethernet port to the ethernet port of the MBW but i don’t know how to access the files ?

You would need to map it just like you would when its on your network.

Well, after having restarted the WD and plugged it direct to my computer ethernet port, I try to map it  //mybookworld/public   or even //mybookworld  or  even with its IP address but I got an error message in windows saying  it cannot access the network.  Of course, at this time, I am not connected to the internet since my drive is directly connect to my ethernet port.

Thanks for your help,

Greg

actually believe that you can plug directly the nas to your computer you may need a crossover cable im not sure at 100% if ti will work but try it