Direct connection to

Hi
I just bought my cloud home duo and I am try to to transfer large file but it’s taking time so if anyone know how to connect my cloud home duo directly to MacBook

Hi FYI,

WD My Cloud Home and WD My Cloud Home Duo devices require active internet connection to operate. These are not designed to connect via USB or Ethernet directly to a host computer system.

In March 2020, you said, "Hi FYI,

“WD My Cloud Home and WD My Cloud Home Duo devices require active internet connection to operate. These are not designed to connect via USB or Ethernet directly to a host computer system.”

Is it ABSOLUTELY certain that a direct ethernet cable connection between a My Cloud Home Duo box and a laptop computer is not possible? The reason I ask is because 1) the two salesmen at Currys said I COULD connect directly, and 2) a WD technician is offering suggestions to do so.

Thank you for your input.

i think i replied in the wrong place: & its been a while i can now see that but hopefully this will help or confirm what you figured out, it wont be technical, so anyways:> i use windows 10 & so can only talk of that & i hope you can translate the equivilant actions and figure out what to do, i dont use macs so just dont know but, it is my understanding the My Coud Home drive can be seen by the network on a file manager browser like all other cloud drives can. but that it functions also using a plex server in your file manager & internet browser, but these are two different processes & independant of each other [somehow, i am not savvy of how] the plex function is what you see online when you login to your internet browser using the WD My Cloud Home Login by WD. however i found that it can also function as the older my cloud drives do & work on your local network by ethernet [& so also wifi] through your ISP’s router or switch hub etc. this behaves as "storage where it can be used to place larger files and access them locally & this “local network can be mapped to show in your file manager browser”, but / however you do need to be logged into wd discovery app to see the plex server files on the cloud home drive in the file manager browser. so, you can have two mapped functions with two drive letters [that do not communicate with each other] all from the same My Cloud Home drive. as far as i know this should work on any similar operating system using network & mapping drives in file manager. i dont think the plex server can see the files on the local network which is mapped and usable & viewable as other my cloud drives but the online wd site for my cloud home will not see those local files [in storage] only the files that the plex server can see & use. i hope that was clear enough for you to try out & good luck.