Digital River purchase cannot be cancelled or refunded

Hi

I have made numerous attempts to get in touch with Western Digital in Australia through published phone numbers that do not work Web pages that do not work and so on and so on…

My Sad tale starts with the foolish decision to buy a WD Live TV online through the WD store…

made the purchase and once referred back to the website realised that the highly promoted NetFlix feature is not available in Australia (even advertised on the Australian website)… OK Misled, I’ll just cancel the order I placed not 5 mins before… Cannot be done… You have to wait for it to arrive and reject the shipment in order to get a refund… I could not beleive the absolute stupidity of that … I shipped it to a receiving area at my work so many parcels comming in It just arrived and got signed for… Now I have the useless item on my desk… OK I will send it back unopened…

Just Try that … Just try going to the WD store and using the useless support page to request a credit I kept getting Page 404 issues no contact email address no complaints process IT IS A COMPLETE JOKE…

I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks now… weeks and no responce… even tried warning people about WD Store on their facebook page got instant replies offering to sort it out then nothing !!! NOTHING… I have decided to dedicate the rest of my spare time to warning as many people  as possible not to use WD products…

I said this on the facebook page… “The only time i have ever been ripped off on the internet is via WD Store”

Well, hopefully your warnings are truthful…  I just checked the online service list for Australia and NetFlix certainly is NOT listed… 

http://store.westerndigital.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=wdau&Locale=en_AU&Env=BASE&productID=238189300

Why is the netflix logo on this webpage?

There is a printed caveat but … why is the netflix logo on the australian site?

Also… My complaint is about the service not the product

It’s not an “Australian” site, it’s an international site.  

As far as i can tell, The only changes are for language.  But if you actually look at the product page, you won’t see Netflix listed If your location is set to Australia…

besides.  Now that I look around, Netflix doesn’t even offer service in Australia.  So is THAT WDs fault?

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/08/netflix-dashes-australian-launch-hopes-again/

bf2009 wrote:

http://store.westerndigital.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=wdau&Locale=en_AU&Env=BASE&productID=238189300

Why is the netflix logo on this webpage?

There is a printed caveat but … why is the netflix logo on the australian site?

Also… My complaint is about the service not the product

If you go to the page you mention above and click ‘Online Services’, just under buy now, you will see that Netflix is not listed. However you have my sympathy because this has mislead people all round the world.

Look at the subject of this post

It is not about the product it is about the simple fact that I cannot cancel or return my purchase and that I cannot get any satisfaction through their support pages. Netflix was the reason i wanted to cancel the purchase and we can speculate on validity of their marketing forever but it does not change the fact that I cannot cancel a purchase and there is no reasonable means to return the product for a credit

If I buy something from Apple I can cancel the order right up to the time it ships.

If it arrives and I decide I don’t want it I can easily contact them and return it for a credit

That is the way all my online purchases have worked for a number of years…  

I see that your issue was escalated by our moderators to the support team, and that you were taken care of.  Let me know if there if there is anything else we can do to help you.