Difficulty uploading Linksheets to SMP

I have been modifying the Alaska Rev theme - Galley View by Joey to use Linksheets.

Initially made my sheets for my movies named “movie.mp4” say or with the relevant ext.

Put into root and uploaded fine. Done this many times ( uploading) as I was doing my template and then created all my sheets and uploaded – All ok and works fine.

Then I created a Linksheet for a folder called “Films” Linksheet name just “Films” added it to the root, along with all the movie sheets, again uploaded with no problem and all looked good.

Decided to modify the “Films” Linksheet and make a few more for other folder. Added to the root, repacked into .zip.

Would not upload – started to upload and then the “waiting for msg” which is usually present in the bottom right of the web page disappears and the round circle just continues to go round – never uploads.

Did all the usually thinks – re-did the .zip etc. Tried to upload the previous ver. I created ( which works ) still will not upload.

Finally ( this is repeatable ) will only upload a Linksheet  which contains sheets for folders if I reset ( power cycle) the SMP – then upload a theme without any Linksheets, and then it will accept the Linksheet theme, but only once

This only seems to happen if I have folder Linksheet in the root.

Using Firefox ver. 12 – Just mentioning for info. Don’t think its relevant because up until this never been a problem with it, and anyway does upload when I do the above.

Haven’t heard this mentioned on forum – Can anyone add any help, suggestion or Info

Thanks

No idea … i’m assuming all of this is well under the 30mb Theme Limitation for the SMP ? and you’re zipping at root level with no compression.

P.S. I havent encounted any problems with ‘Folder’ Linksheets on the Hub (latest test theme clocks in a 200mb … no problems)

Thanks – yes theme at 14Mb so well under. Zipping just using Window 7 native mode, which has been ok so far. Select all files – right click – Send to zipped folder. I assume it’s no compression only because all been ok up until now, but would accept any advice or knowledge.

@tony0204

Thanks – yes theme at 14Mb so well under. Zipping just using Window 7 native mode, which has been ok so far. Select all files – right click – Send to zipped folder. I assume it’s no compression only because all been ok up until now, but would accept any advice or knowledge.

I have always used “Winrar” for zipping (Select “Store” for No Compression)   

Not saying there’s anything wrong with Windows 7 ‘Native Mode’ (but who knows) … personally i have never used it.

(or Windows 7 for that matter … still on WinXP)

Well - nothing lost, will try Winrar next time, prob tmo now. ( Only just using Win7 myself - still use XP )

Update when I can.

yeah odd problem,

my only thoughts, we’re unable to upload via webend if running wdlxtv

it will just spin and spin, like you described

but since you don’t mention it, I’d guess you’re not

curl is the other option for upload, but since you’re in windows you probably don’t have it installed