Difficulty accessing My Cloud Home

Can WD support help since your ask a question support line is currently unavailable.
Since the last update of My Cloud Home I keep getting the message “My Cloud Home is offline…” when I try to access via the app on my iPad Pro or my iPhone 5, but it is not offline. The only way I can remove this message is too reboot My Cloud Home, which is not possible when I am not at Home and want to access remotely. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?

Hi EricA1,

You can refer to the link provided below to resolve the issue with WD My cloud home.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24283

Thanks for the info.

I can access the drive PLEX files fine and also other files with my laptop. It’s just that since the last update it is now very difficult to access folders and files via the iPad and iPhone app. I get a message saying the drive is not available
and is offline but other devices can access it, since it is not offline, strange!

Regards,

Eric

I’m now having the same issue with the PLEX files.

I am wondering does ‘My Home Cloud’ now have a ‘sleep’ mode, maybe its taking a long time to wake and the apps interpret that as being offline, just a thought

Regards,

Eric

I posted a similar issue last week. The drive occasionally appears as if nothing has been uploaded to it. I have a number of tv series n the Plex section, and I used to be able to go from one episode to the other. Now if I select an episode after watching another, it cannot connect and I have to restart the app two or three times. This whether I use the iPad or iPhone. Problems only started after the update.