Difference in IP range between Router and MyCloud EX2

Hi, this is my first post and I’m not very technical (sorry).
I have a WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra 2x 2Tb disks. I have recently changed my router due to the old one giving up. The problem I have is that the Router Ip Address (in the LAN settings) is 192.168.1.xx and the IP address of the NAS box is 192.168.0.xx.
I’ve tried accessing the NAS through the MyCloud portal, but I’m told that it is offline, however, all lights are blue. I can’t see it in the Finder window, I can’t map to it and as stated can’t access it through a browser.
Quite clearly it is a router issue, but I’m stuck now.
Thanks.

1 Like

It sounds like the NAS is setup for a static IP address.
Can you reach the NAS Dashboard by typing the ip address in the address bar of the web browser?
The is NOT the WD cloud portal.

If you can. . . log in and make change the IP addressing and change it from “Static” to "DHCP.
( I don’t have my device running right now; so I can’t dig in further)

If that doesn’t work for you . . . can you get to the router configuration menu; and change it’s IP range to match what the NAS is expecting?

Final option would be either the 4 second or 40 second reset (look this up on the support webpages); these WILL preserve data but will reset various configuration settings.

Sorry - - - can’t help more proscriptively at the moment.

2 Likes

Thank you. In the end I connected the drive directly to the old one which while it wouldn’t allow me to connect to the internet was enough for me to use the IP address I had, log in to the NAS change the static to DHCP and then the new router picked it up and allowed me access.

Your explanation was spot on thank you as I used that on another drive that was giving up

Had a similar tango with my NAS. Try hitting your NAS Dashboard using its IP in the browser. Sometimes, it clings to a static vibe. Check DHCP settings and coax it into the dynamic dance. Also, you can see more solutions at 192.168.1.2 - Admin Login. Fingers crossed for a smooth shuffle!