DHCP Assigning 169.254 On 172.16 Network

I am trying to connect a MyCloud PR4100 NAS (WDOS5) to a local air gapped network. When I first connected it to the network, it defaulted to the IP address 169.254.29.99, even though the network has redundant DNS servers and no routers. When trying to change the IP address to a static 172.16.4.*** (via the web management page) and selecting save, the webpage locks up with a “Updating” popup. Have done the 4 and 40 second pin resets with no effect. Any ideas of what the issue maybe?

There is a specific subforum for the PR4100 discussion. You may want to either move your post/thread there or start a new post in that subforum where users more familiar with the Pro Series of devices may be able to assist.

My Cloud Pro Series
https://community.wd.com/c/os5/my-cloud-pro-series/256

If the local network doesn’t have a DHCP server to issue IP addresses to local LAN clients who request them. Then one can set a static IP address within the My Cloud. Just note that when doing so one will need to use the new IP address to access the My Cloud Dashboard after they use the Dashboard to save the static IP address. The other problem is the My Cloud OS5 expects an internet connection for several of it’s services (NTP, remote access, etc.). One may need to setup the My Cloud initially on an internet connected network and configure it with a static IP address and disable cloud access, then shut the device down and move it to the Air Gapped location and connect it to that air gapped local network.

Sorry for posting in the wrong area. Your suggestion worked. Thank you for your time and help.