Device Driver not successfully installed (WD My Passport 3.0)

I am getting this message after I connect my WD My Passport 3.0 - ‘Device Driver not succesfully Installed’ and here is the screenshot- 

wd 1.jpg

After that, I tried installing the 32 bit version of SES driver software and it didn’t install properly. Here is its screenshot-

wd 1.jpg

I tried installing 64 bit version and that too failed-

wd 1.jpg

:flushed:

The little LED light on the device is glowing and the device is vibrating, indicating it is physically running.

I have a  lot of files struck in the Device and in need of them :cry:. Please solve my problem at the earliest.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

I got the same problem, and I have tried to reload the WD program today and it comes up the same.

This happened 2 days ago and when I reloaded the program it worked fine. Now  it’s just like yours.

Any help for us who don’t know anything?

marffin

Hi, the same problem exists for me. After 2 years of using my passport 3, I encountered this problem. The figure below can better describe the problem.

Well a new day and guess what! My passport shows up and I can access it! Why that is I don’t know. I did turn off my computer last night, and did nothing till this morning. Yesterday I did restart my computer 3 or 4 times, but that didn’t do anything to get back my Passport.

So what do you think?

marffin

hello there creaTAR,

there are two different versions of SES usb drivers here :

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/search/1/a_id/5419

one version is stand alone WD SES Driver 32/64-bit

and the other version is in the WD SmartWare Disk Image package (path : WDSmartWare_PP4R2_1_4_1_2\WDSmartWare_Windows_Disk_Image_PP4R2_1_4_1_2\WD SmartWare*WD SES Driver Setup (x64).msi* or WD SES Driver Setup (x86).msi ) if you are running on Windows.

now, first of all ,download and try to run the SES driver version that is already installed on your system.You’ll be able to uninstall/repair/modify the driver when the window dialog will show up .Uninstall it and after that try to make the HDD work with the other version of SES driver .Don’t mix the -bit versions keep the right one 32 or 64-bit depending on ur system.

Hope this help,

JM

As I mentioned in the post, I already tried installing the 64-bit driver but in vain. FYI, I am posting you the error message I got once again-

wd 1.jpg

Please do help me. I’m still in trouble :cry:

ok ,let’s find out step by step what’s going on there  :

*the SES Driver appear in ur Add/remove programs ? (if the answer is yes, try to uninstall this driver)

*is there any wdcsam.sys or wdcsam64.sys in your c:\windows\system32\drivers\ folder ?

which one wdcsam.sys or wdcsam64.sys ?

*how about C:\Program Files\WDCSAM , do you have this folder there ?

*try tu run every SES driver 32 bi version o 6 bit version until you’ll get this window in oder to uninstall and reinstall the driver .

Uninstall.JPG.

Hey wduser_78

-It appeared on Add/Remove programs as ‘SES Driver’ and I uninstalled it

-wdcsam64.sys is there in c:\windows\system32\drivers\

-C:\Program Files\WDCSAM wasn’t there initially. It appeared after I installed the SES 64 bit driver that I downloaded

-I reached the point you specified in the screenshot. I uninstalled, tried ‘Repairing’ but the problem is still the same.

what next ?

Hello again,

Did you noticed when you uninstall the driver, wdcsam64.sys disappear from  c:\windows\system32\drivers\ ?

try also to uninstall following this procedure :

Click on Start → In search box, type cmd. When it show “Command Prompt” in the search list,
right-click on it and select the option “Open as administrator”.
Open the command prompt and type the below commands
set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 → Press Enter
start devmgmt.msc → Press Enter
“Device Manager” window will be opened.
Now in the device manager, click on “View” → Select “Show hidden devices”
Now expand the nodes “Disk Drives” and “Universal serial bus controller” by clicking on “+” symbol. If you find any greyed entries → Right click on it → Select “Uninstall”.
Restart your PC and connect your external drive. 

this shoud work.Thanks to jack4rall.

No wduser_78… even that didn’t work :cry:

My computer is reading the contents of my newly bought  t WD My Passport hrough some one who has been oversees (the driver of the WD is coruppted) or driver not succefully installed. I got message same as below. Where can I get a driver and how can I fix the problem?

wd 1.jpg