Device disconnects itself from the network

Hello,

I have a MyCloud Home Duo that I use to store my movies and TV Shows to see them with Plex. Lately it lost connection and I though it was a Plex issue but today I was transferring files and it happen again. Any help?

Thanks,

Hi mate, I have the same problem. I think is something related to the machine itself.
I was actually thinking to change Mycloud Home Duo with anything similar, but I found nothing.
I wonder if there’s actually an alternative not expensive as Synology or Qnap with 2 hard disk included…?

Hey guys, same problem here… Did you manage to contact service?

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Lately fortunately I got no disconnections. I think because they did some updates

Same here.

Any news on this guys? I basically have a useless device as it goes offline all the time. Are there any firmware updates or rollbacks we can try to see if they have a different result? Any ideas around how to repurpose it? Thinking i may just rip out drives and use them elsewhere.

Hi ALL, Please note I have managed to send my device back for repair or replacement and have been told they will refund me the purchase price.