Desktop connection failures

Attempted to connect through Desktop shortcut (which has worked for years) and now it fails with;
----
Windows cannot access \WDMYCLOUDEX4100

Error code: 0x80070035
The network path was not found.
----

Diagnose;
----
The remote device or resource won’t accept the connection.
----

Additional information from troubleshooting
----
The device or resource (WDMYCLOUDEX4100) is not set up to accept connections on port “The File and Printer sharing (SMB)”.
----

Nothing has changed in my environment or on my desktop.
I rebooted the server and that is when this appeared.
I have since rebooted and there is no change.
Also attempted to ‘Add Network Location’ from File Explorer. - Same error.
Fails on Desktop and Laptop (wired and wireless).

I have no problem connecting to the MyCloud Dashboard through the same IP and on the same desktop/laptop via hard-line and wireless and connect through ROKU on a wireless connection without error.

All shortcuts on all systems are now invalid.
I cannot rebuild the shortcuts since the IP is not recognized and does not validate to the server.
Also found I cannot create a new network location based on the Network connection to “WDMYCLOUDEX4100” even though it is listed as a network connection.

Firmware 2.30.172
EX4100

Any Thoughts?
ORA

same here. I was always able to access the NAS like any shared drive on my network.
so I could copy files there. Windows did an update and now can not map to my NAS EX4100. although I can enter the IP address and sign in as admin. so the system is up and running. its like windows has messed up pointers. Please help as Im right in the middle of copying all video files to the server. its what I bought the system for.

AH!! I forgot about all the recent Windows updates. I might try rolling some back to see if access opens up.

You might also want to submit a support ticket with WD Support for the same issue to raise concern.

Not sure what has happened since, but I had reported this to WD and they went through all the standard debug questions, (all of which I had answered in my initial report), so that just annoyed me. I requested escalation and then it became holiday/vacation season so did not get back to this until this week.

Update report: I shut down both my WD Server as well as my Router for a few days. I started the router up a few days ago and the WD Server today and I can now see the mapped server drive and copy to/from the server/desktop without error regarding connection.

I did read in the down time that The WD server has essentially 2 resets, the 4 second and the 40 second (or something like that). I can only assume that there was some type of hiccup and having the server down for 2+ weeks resolved the issue. Possibly this will help you as well.

I did not have to call WD support back, but unsure if they would have suggested these options or not or if they were going to be the next steps in debug. Seems like they should have been part of the first attack.

Good luck.
ORA