Designer needed for TV & Movie Series icon/thumbs please :)

Hey guys,

I have a WDTV Live Media player and I was wondering if a design guru could please spare some time to help me out? I would like thumb/icons designed for my folders and was wondering if anyone could please do it? I would use ones already made but I have categories that aren’t available and I want them all to look the same.

I have a photo for an example of the design and I will attach it to this post.

scarymovieb.jpg

For the TV shows I will list the categories and the TV show photo I want (in place of the scary movie background). The TV shows are: 

Animated (The Simpsons)

Comedy (Mom)

Contests (The Voice)

Drama (Sex and the City)

Family (Liv and Maddie)

Fantasy (The Vampire Diaries)

Reality (The Hills)

Teens (Pretty Little Liars)

Same style for the movies

The categories and movie I want to display are:

3D (Frozen)

Bluray (The Hunger Games - new one)

Action (This Means War)

Adventure (The Secret Life of Walter Mitty)

Animated (Toy Story)

Chick Flicks (Sex and City movie)

Comedy (Scary Movie)

Crime (Mr and Mrs Smith)

Disaster (The Day After Tomorrow)

Drama (We Bought a Zoo)

Family (The Princess Diaries)

Fantasy (Twilight)

Harry Potter (Harry Potter)

Horror (Silent Hill)

Musical (Step up - new one)

Robin Williams (Jumanji)

Romance (The Notebook)

Sci-fi (Men in Black 3)

Sport (Fast and the Furious)

Superhero (The Amazing Spiderman)

Thriller (Gone Girl)

If anyone could please help that would be much appreciated. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi misselisabeth86, I don’t have any experience on this, but let’s see if other users can share some information. 

I found a post of joey if I’m not mistaken that explained how to create a cover like that
that I can not find :frowning:
if anyone has any way to create covers for the sage puts links here please

Thank You

well, this is’nt the exact cover … but the principles of graphics editing still applies

ie. create the filmstrip layer, then another layer with the pictures and text … save the project (*psd for photoshop or *xcf for GIMP) then edit the layers for each genre

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Alaska-Resurface-WDTV-LIVE-HUB-amp-SMP/m-p/806423#M15294

1 Like

Hey, 

Thankyou to everyone for their replies. I tried doing what you guys have mentioned however it was too complicated and hard. Sorry I don’t have any design skills so I wanted to go with something a litle more simpler with the font in the photo. Is anyone able to do this design?

Thanks heaps.