Delivery issues regarding WD10EFRX, WD20EFRX & WD30EFRX

Dear Western Digital,

I have been looking for a while on your Red series for NAS servers. The main problem is that all stores in Denmark are out of stock? It seems like that the delivery of your hard disk drives are completely stopped? Can you provide an ETA on these drives? They have been out of stock since mid August.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Ion

We are currently manufacturing these drives, and we will be shipping them out worldwide through various distribution channels.  Depending on which distributors source your region, will determine how long it takes for the drives to stock stores in your area.  Unfortunately, we don’t have the specifics on when drives may show up in your city.  All we can say, at this moment, is that they are on the way.  I would consider keeping an eye out for stock showing up in online stores that service your region, as well.

Thanks for the answer but I believe there is a lot of people in here wanting to know more precise if this takes 1 week or 1 month? can you provide a more precise ETA on when these HDD hits Europe?

You guys have huge market out there with the red series.

Agreed, we need some kind of time frame. Are we talking days or months? I’ve got a NAS unit that is sitting on my shelf using up it’s warranty because I’m waiting on these drives. I need an answer quickly, before I cancel my order and pick up a competitor’s drives.

MegaIon wrote:

Thanks for the answer but I believe there is a lot of people in here wanting to know more precise if this takes 1 week or 1 month? can you provide a more precise ETA on when these HDD hits Europe?

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a more precise time for when they may show up. 

Bill_S wrote:

MegaIon wrote:

Unfortunately, I cannot provide a more precise time for when they may show up. 

That’s a pretty bad sign.  If they were on a ship heading for Europe, for example, the ETA should be straightforward to estimate.  Should we conclude that they don’t really exist?  

docM101 wrote:> That’s a pretty bad sign.  If they were on a ship heading for Europe, for example, the ETA should be straightforward to estimate.  Should we conclude that they don’t really exist?  

You’re missing a fundamental concept here.  We sell to distributors.  They sell and distribute to stores.  In what way can you expect us to know their shipping schedules?  If you really want to research this out, then check the link below for distributors in your region, and contact them for this information. 

http://wdc.com/en/buy/distributors/

I had my supplier in the UK tell me the drives had been discontinued. How many have been shipped to European distributors?

It’s ok to say for us to check with the distributors, but we are trying to buy WD products from our suppliers. We should not be having to chase the middlemen. That is the job of our suppliers and WD when the supply chain seems to be failing, as it does now. If you are saying that the drives have been shipped to distributors and they are not getting to the stores. I think you need to seriously look at your distributors as they are creating a bad name for WD.

What alternative product would you recommend us to buy for use in NAS if we have to get some HDs before the 3TB Red drives are available in stores? Would the enterprise series be OK? Even though they haven’t got the NASware.

I live in Norway and the WD 3 TB drives have been out of stock for weeks.

Dagood wrote:

What alternative product would you recommend us to buy for use in NAS if we have to get some HDs before the 3TB Red drives are available in stores? Would the enterprise series be OK? Even though they haven’t got the NASware.

I live in Norway and the WD 3 TB drives have been out of stock for weeks.

I don’t know if the Enterprise drives will work in NAS boxes.  You should probably consult the manufacturer of your NAS box to see what drives are compatible. 

gransav wrote:

I had my supplier in the UK tell me the drives had been discontinued. How many have been shipped to European distributors?

It’s ok to say for us to check with the distributors, but we are trying to buy WD products from our suppliers. We should not be having to chase the middlemen. That is the job of our suppliers and WD when the supply chain seems to be failing, as it does now. If you are saying that the drives have been shipped to distributors and they are not getting to the stores. I think you need to seriously look at your distributors as they are creating a bad name for WD.

Again, I wouldn’t know which distributors may have the drives.  However, I’m pretty sure we haven’t discontinued them.  PM me the distributor that told you this, and I’ll look into it.  Maybe I can check that way.

I finally got mine. My back order was over a month, and they only sent me 1 of 4, so I hunted around and found another dealer with stock. So they are out there, just production can’t keep up with demand since the Thailand floods.

Bill_S wrote:

docM101 wrote:> That’s a pretty bad sign.  If they were on a ship heading for Europe, for example, the ETA should be straightforward to estimate.  Should we conclude that they don’t really exist?  

You’re missing a fundamental concept here.  We sell to distributors.  They sell and distribute to stores.  In what way can you expect us to know their shipping schedules?  If you really want to research this out, then check the link below for distributors in your region, and contact them for this information. 

http://wdc.com/en/buy/distributors/

When *every* retailer responds with “no ETA, sorry”, or promises a succession of dates, and then fails to meet them, the customer concludes that the problem is further up the supply chain - both in terms of supplying the units, and in terms of managing the delivery schedule.  I tried the WD Helpdesk.  They had no information. I tried the WD community forums.  Where else should I look?

[It looks as if retailers are getting stock today, as it happens.  But that doesn’t detract from a cusomter-alienating lack of information.]

That’s good to hear.  I’m also looking to see what I can find as well.  It won’t be until Friday that’ll I have the information though.  The people I need to contact are unavailable until then.

Finally your shipments has arrived in Europe. After checking online stores for several weeks I can see most of them in Denmark are beginning to have all the drives incl. the 3TB model in stock (most of them are already out of stock again because of huge backlog).

My 2x3TB red has been send by my retailer yesterday so I’m really looking forward to test my Synology NAS that has been out of use for over 1½ month without HDDs.

I have a proposal for you guys in WD. Why don’t you make some kind of status page for delivery/logistics/stock status. Not only will it save yourself for several questions about this but also provide your customers with a nice status service.

Best regards

A happy but also a bit tired of waiting WD customer :slight_smile: