Deleting files on laptop results in files deleted in my hdd?

Can someone please clarifythis:- if I make a back up with the automatic backup option, all the changes are saved on my external hard drive, so what happens if once I have saved all my files from my laptop to my external hhd I then want to delete these files completely from my laptop. Will the automatic backup delete my files on the external hhd? Is it safe to download my fotos, videos etc and delete them from my laptop to free up space without worrying the automatic backup will delete when it finds them deled on the laptop. Thks in advance

Hrdriveuser wrote:
Can someone please clarifythis:- if I make a back up with the automatic backup option, all the changes are saved on my external hard drive, so what happens if once I have saved all my files from my laptop to my external hhd I then want to delete these files completely from my laptop. Will the automatic backup delete my files on the external hhd? Is it safe to download my fotos, videos etc and delete them from my laptop to free up space without worrying the automatic backup will delete when it finds them deled on the laptop. Thks in advance

No, it’s NOT safe at all to that because you’d have NO backup as a backup by dictionary definition means having the same data on two different locations at once. The drive can die 2 seconds after you copy all data into it, so don’t be foolish.