Deleting files in my cloud home does not free space

I came here today (2018-12-10) looking for the answer to the same problem. My device is a My Could EX2 Ultra, but I suspect the answer will be the same for other devices, such as My Cloud Home.

As I was reading through all of the posts, I suddenly realised that I’d had this same problem once before. Then I remembered that reason for this behavior was having Reycle Bin turned on for one (or more) share(s).

If you don’t want the Recycle Bin turned on for a particular share, navigate to Shares, click on a the name of a share, and toggle the Recycle Bin setting.

To clear everything from the Recycle Bin, you can navigate to Settings / General / Services. Click on the Clear button, but only if you’re absolutely sure there’s nothing in the Recycle Bin that you may need.

I’m staggered that WD Support wasn’t able to provide this solution! It could have saved a lot of people a lot of time waiting for a non-existent answer.

2 Likes

This is how WD cares about customers, simply ignoring them! 8 months since last reply here and issue is not fixed.

I deleted 1 TB of data through website and 2 weeks passed. Space usage still not updated.

Same problem here. Just deleted 1TB in My Cloud Home for almost 1 month and the space has not been “released”.
WD sttaff what’s happenig?

hi guys. I have the same problem on my 8tb my cloud home. it doesn’t matter what I delete from the disk. the usage won’t decrease. I’m at 3tb space that is unknown.

it says only 9% of storage remaining, but if I look at the properties of the files it only says 3.95tb in use.

Something isn’t right here and I’m running out of storage. Please help

for me it synchronized just now. So for me it was fixed in 24 hours. Let’s hoipe they will check for the people who are waiting longer.

i got same problem more than 2tb of files deleted and i have been waiting for more than 2 days and still no respond related to this action !!
hope the fix this issue as fast as possible

1 Like

Anyone has this same issue? My cloud home duo

I have the same issue for 1 year and it is frustrating. plz solve this issue…

1 Like

Hello, community,

could any of you solve this problem? I have the same issue with my WD MyCloud Home Duo: about 1TB of disk space lost since deleting a large amount of data.

I was so hoping to find a clue here, but unfortunately I don’t seem to be the only one.

So this product is not usable. How do you handle it?

Many greetings
Thomas

Hello,

after about 24 hours, the memory space freed by the deletion was displayed as available. It seems that patience is all you need.

Regards,
Thomas

I’m having the same problem. I have deleted roughly 1TB of data, and 3 weeks later now, Nothing has changed. It’s like what I deleted is still taking up space, and totally hidden from view, and absolutely undeletable. There HAS TO BE A WAY to “Force” this so-called batch file that deletes and frees space to ACTIVATE…

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem, having freed up around 1/2TB of space to back up some important things, I cannot access that space. It has been a week now. Surely there must be a way of forcing a recan?

WD Can you help here?

2 Likes

Same issue here. WD seems not to care about this serious problems they are having. My WD drive is becoming unusefull. We need answers right away!

1 Like

I am ahving the same issue with 8Tb my home cloud. The device is now unusable

Form the web browser go to Settings → General → Services (all the way on the bottom) and Clear the Recycle Bin.
It worked for me.
Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Cloud Home doesn’t have recycle bin. You are talking about MyCloud Device…

I have MyCloudEX2Ultra.

My “My Cloud Home” does not have a Recycle Bin. I don’t think any of them do.

This forum is for My Cloud Home

same issue here, same devive capacity, right out of the box, and 3.50 TB

???
@SBrown how do you explain it??? will the lost 385 gb (up to 3.85TB) appear in 24hours??