Deleting Files and Folders

I have a couple files and folders that won’t delete. I get a WDGeneralNetworkError - 500. What can I check?

jwells. Can you tell us about the setup? Like where are the files, What OS are you deleting them from and how are you doing it, etc? Usually when you have a file that is ‘locked’ like that and it can’t be deleted, you can power cycle the drive and the computer and then try again. Also, make sure that the file is not in use by another user or a program.

jwells wrote:

I have a couple files and folders that won’t delete. I get a WDGeneralNetworkError - 500. What can I check?

Hi jwells,

Can you please validate that you are able to connect to your drive?  Maybe test uploading a file, or log out and back in?

Are you using Android or iOS?

The folders appear to require permissions on the PC to delete. I didn’t want these folders on the Mycloud so I tried to delete them but it gives me that error. I seem to be able to delete them on the PC where they originated but not on the Mycloud. I did try power down the Mycloud several times.

Everything else works fine as far as logging in and out, deleting other folders and files.