Delete extra backup plans

When I first got my Passport, I accidently set up more than one backup plan.  I want to delete those extra plans now because I need the extra space.  I know where to delete the backup plans but I cannot find them.  Do I have to reactivate them first and if so, can someone give me step by step instructions? It doesn’t seem like I should need to reactivate them before I can delete them.  I can see the backup plans in Explorer, but not on the WD Anywhere Backup.  Thanks for any help!

Hi there,

Once removed from WD Anywhere the backup will need to be removed from the drive as well. You delete the option for it to continue to backup on the software but the duplicate backups will still remain on the drive until you delete them from there.

Hope this helps.

I am under the impression that I need to delete the extra backup plans on the WD software first.  Those backup plans are no long active and therefore I cannot find them on the WD software - does that mean I can just go to the drive in Explorer and delete them there?  I cannot find them on the WD software, although I can find them in Explorer and can simply delete from there.  Is that all I need to do then? 

Thanks for your quick reply!

cherivo wrote:

I am under the impression that I need to delete the extra backup plans on the WD software first.  Those backup plans are no long active and therefore I cannot find them on the WD software - does that mean I can just go to the drive in Explorer and delete them there?  I cannot find them on the WD software, although I can find them in Explorer and can simply delete from there.  Is that all I need to do then? 

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes that’s all, if the software is not showing the plan’s it’s because you have already removed them successfully, 

only need to go to the drive and remove the backup folders you want to delete.