Delayed Write Failure

I have my SeaMonkey profile stored on a shared folder.

I keep on getting a persistant “Delayed Write Failure” whenever SeaMonkey tries to write anything to disk (such as cache files and such).

Why am I getting this, and how can I stop it?

Thanks in advance.

If I were you I’d first check the connection to make sure it’s optimal. Windows should not give you that error with a NAS unless there’s a connectivity problem since Windows does not monitor remote connections as local drives. The file system of the drive is EXT3, you could check with the software manufacturer and see if it could be part of the problem as well.

I have been having the same problem for the past few months. I notice that if I close SeaMonkey and restart it thing will work fine for awhile until it starts up again. One thing I did to try to help lessen the amount of these errors is to put the cache on a local drive, so just the profile is on the NAS. This has helped make the error occur less frequently - but the problem still exists.

lol - I just now realized that the OP was me! No wonder the problem sounded so similar! lol I am having this problem from more than one PC. I also tried a different router and Ethernet cable. Still the problem persists.