Default themes

Just curious,

I have been experimenting and not sure if any one have come across what I’ve experienced…  So I loaded the default Mochi theme, and setup a folder of course call osd (with no files) , and similar sub dir’s (empty too).

There after, I’ve just added several of my images (could be 1 or 2 or as many as you want) that I’ve modify, name them according to the previous names, placed them in the same dir where they needed to be in.  Also I’ve modify just one XML file, rv_gallery_browse_page, and place in in the root of osd, and bear in mind again, there are no other xml’s or other images, outside of my own, and,  it works after a refresh… It blew my mind, knowing that there is no other files in the directory, outside of my own (10 Files)

I might be naive, being a novice, and just adding my thoughts and experiance to everyone…  Is this a known fact??

My thoughts

That’s because the missing files are filled in with the default theme and yes, those of us that have been doing this for a while are aware of this, and if you search this forum, I’m sure you will find were it has been mentioned at least a few times.

You don’t have to add all the files in a theme that the HUB uses and actually, no theme listed in this forum contains the complete theme files.  Pretty much all the themes that you find on this forum only contain the parts of the default theme that have been edited to make a new theme.

Appreciate your comments, and I hope I didn’t bother anyone …