Default theme edits

I have read in a number of posts that we are stuck with the default video thumbs after selecting videos.  The ones that are outlines that look like a camera or a folder.  I am using gallery view, so if you go under themes/osdmodhub1.o/image/gallery, I think the thumbs are stored there.  Or mayber they are in the image/video folder. Does anyone know which image is which and can these be replaced with something such as the great genre thumbs.  There is one that says movie.  I would think size matters in this case.

Why not just changing the whole theme and makes things easier for you?

I probably will, but not ready to do so yet.  Maybe in a few weeks when I have the time to roll back firmware and go thru the Mojo thumbgen tutorial.  Really just using the hub for movies for my kids.

Given that I have read a few posts with complaints about those thumbs, I suspect someone has figure out which files need to be changed.

Eric_K wrote:

I have read in a number of posts that we are stuck with the default video thumbs after selecting videos.  The ones that are outlines that look like a camera or a folder.  I am using gallery view, so if you go under themes/osdmodhub1.o/image/gallery, I think the thumbs are stored there.  Or mayber they are in the image/video folder. Does anyone know which image is which and can these be replaced with something such as the great genre thumbs.  There is one that says movie.  I would think size matters in this case.

First, I’m not sure what you mean by being stuck with the default thumbs, if you have coverart for you files or folder.jpg for your folders then those will by used.   The only default thumbs that doesn’t use your folder.jpg  is for the poster image for folders, which is larger thumb displayed at upper left of the screen.

But if you want to edit those they are in the image/Gallery folder and are:

gallery_view_metadata_no_art.png (for files)

gallery_view_metadata_no_art_folder.png (for folders)

Yes, I am only referring to the generic poster/thumbnails when you select videos from the main menu. My cover art for movies is working fine. I am starting to do some genre sorting, so I am using the genre folder icons. Thanks, E