Decrypting my WD My Passport 750 GB

Initially I encrypted my files and added a passpord to my WD My passport 750 GB device. Then I tried reading the drive from another computer (different from the one in which the encryption and password was done), and the drive is recognized but the folders do not appear for opening the files. I removed the passpord from the computer on which the password was created but I have the same problem; I can´t access the files on any other computer (tried several) than the one in which the encryption was done.

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

Edit: Misread the post. If the other computers are able to recognized the Passport but not the files, the problem might be with the encryption method you used for the files. As Joe is asking what did you used to encrypt the files?

Original post:

It is possible that the files are corrupted. If you don’t need to recover your files, you can unlock the Passport and format it form the Disk Management window. If you need to recover your files, you can use Google to find a third party data recovery program. Follow the link below for the steps to format the Passport from the Disk management window. 

How to partition and format a WD drive on Windows (8, 7, Vista, XP) and Mac OSX 

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3865

That answer doesn’t make sense. Why would they be corrupted on one system, but not the other? The OP said they read fine on the original computer. That means they’re intact!

What kind of encryption are you talking about the WD hardware encryption or some third party encryption?

Joe