Dear WD,

I get your pain and Im with you now.
I have been fighting with 2 x MBWE II (6gb) on/off for a year now where it simply dies on me all the time when I transfere files.

Yesterday I got so sick and tired of the situation that I did the following :
* Turned off MioNet - but found out that it might not be turned off after all
* Then I followed the instruction here http://community.wdc.com/t5/Other-Network-Drives/Drive-Becomes-Un-Accessible-After-short-use-II/td-p/38659/highlight/true
Result : One got Bricked, but the other has run since last night non stop and I have succesfully transfered a file of 300 GB.
It takes forever because of the VERY slow transfer rate MBWE II has, but it acually seems to work … at least for one.
I also gave it a static IP both in the Router and MBWE as I read somewhere that it could help.

The 2 disks from the MBWE that got Bricked are now in a Synology and a NetGear NAS. Both hardware have never given be pain whatsoever. The empty MBWE plactic box now served as a trach can and a friendly “reminded” next time I feel the urge to buy WD :slight_smile:

it is stunning that WD gives the forum so little attention or are able to help users or support them in any way.
Thanks to  those who did and I hope this has saved … at least 50% of my investment.