Dear people about WD MY CLOUD HOME more apps?

is it possible to download or add more apps i thought wordpress was available for my wd my cloud home

but then i read there is no dashboard so im stuck
im just wondering if there are more apps or how can i create my own website on wd my cloud without linux or change the whole software

i just like to know if there are more apps its kinda boring with just plex and a few apps

thank u for replying
Stay Safe

1 Like

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: Enable and Configure Services on My Cloud Home

i seen it but there not much apps available before i bought it i thought i could do more with it

like webserver, diff third party apps
im missing a lot of cool features
maybe you guys can add more apps to use for wd my cloud home

also live streaming ip camera
wordpress
and more that would be cool

Well,

WD My Cloud Home series products are not NAS. WD Home serves as a personal cloud for basic storage. You may want to consider our My Cloud products like WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra and so on, they possess many of such features.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14709

The not-a-NAS argument is irrelevant. There’s actually a WD developers website for writing apps, including for the “My Cloud Home”, but there are still nearly no apps available for it. No gallery of apps to showcase people’s work. The default list of installable apps is laughably miniscule.

Last I heard, “NAS” means “Network-Attached Storage” which is what the My Cloud Home technically is.

1 Like