DBAN messed up HDD?

Am having a very interesting start to moving from a history of having had laptops to desktops. 

Having used DBAN (Darik’s Boot and Nuke) on Toshiba laptops, I gave this a go and zeroed my HDD yesterday (WD-SATA-500GB). Unfortunately this process may have been prematurely switched off, so ran it again today.

Am getting the msg at boot up “Verifying DMI Pool Data” “Boot from CD/DVD: Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Enter”.

Something’s really messed up here either with the HDD or some BIOS setting. I am getting some error msg’s on trying to install W7 (0x80070570, 0x00000050, 0xC000005, 0x00000019 - Bad Pool Header).

I wonder if there is a problem with the HDD now?

Not sure what the problem was due to. Used Parted Magic’s Erase Disk, with the Internal option. A 500GB SATA drive takes around 2 hours and you must wait for a message of completion at the end.

For installing the operating system changed the boot order to CD-ROM then HDD.

Whilst I still get this msg; “Verifying DMI Pool Data”, it does not seem to be interrupting the boot process.

you should of replaced the master boot record after using DBAN linux’s disk utility can do it