Data sync from a network folder

Recently i bought this hub and i’m quite happy so for what i tried to achive.  I have couple of questions on syncing data to the HUB. 

1.  I have shared two folders on my pc, personal video folder and a movie folders, i can make the hub to sync with only one folder?  Is it possible it can sync from two folders?

1. My HUB will be ON always and i will shutdown my PC at night and also it will be down during the day when not in use.   Will the HUB automatically start and stop the sync when the PC is down and ON?

3.  Can i play movis/videos directly browsing my pc shared folders?

Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi

Im new to the HUB myself, but can answer questions 2 and 3.

1. My HUB will be ON always and i will shutdown my PC at night and also it will be down during the day when not in use.   Will the HUB automatically start and stop the sync when the PC is down and ON?

Your Hub is always ON even when you switch it off, But if your PC is off, its off…nothing will happen between the PC and HUB, as the PC uses USB drivers etc to make it work, its just a metal box when its off.

3.  Can i play movis/videos directly browsing my pc shared folders?

Yes, thats the point of network shares, and it plays them very well. I can play 1080p videos with no problems.

Thanks wdtvhub.

Your Hub is always ON even when you switch it off, But if your PC is off, its off…nothing will happen between the PC and HUB, as the PC uses USB drivers etc to make it work, its just a metal box when its off.

My question is, will the HUB will start the sync process automatically, when my PC is ON?

I doubt it.

I know if I add a new file to a network share folder, I have to restart the HUB to see it. There are variations to that. as in turning things on and off, but ultimately it will not appear automatically.

It was the same with the WDTV as well, bit of a pain really.

Thanks.   May be i will buy a NAS and sync from there and leave my NAs 24/7.