DATA RECOVERY ON A 1TB WD GREEN (WD10EARX) Windows 10 cant find the drive

Hi:

Was using this drive for about 2 years as my primary storage drive with a 120SSD being my C drive running windows 7. Upgraded to WIN10 around a month ago and last week this drive failed was editing a picture file on the drive and it simply froze ( trouble shooting revealed it was not showing up in the BIOS or Explorer). Had all but the last month backed up but still would like the last months worth of data if possible. Had the local computer store (not Best Buy or the like) attempt data recovery which failed. I purchased a sata to usb connector and tried to use EASEUS software. When I plug the USB in windows still cannot find the drive. Was wondering if WD has a data recovery tool or something that will allow windows 10 to at least read/recognize the drive is there. Unless Windows can find the drive the recovery software is useless.

Thanks

Tim

Hello, unfortunately WD does not have data recovery tools nor provide data recovery, however they do have data recovery partners that you can contact and see if they can help.

1 Like

It appears that you’re facing difficulty accessing your failing storage disk after updating to Windows 10. Although there are specialized data recovery tools available, it’s important to ensure that the drive is connected correctly and functioning physically before proceeding. To diagnose the issue, try attaching the disk to a new USB port or using a different USB connection if Windows is not detecting it. If the problem persists, it’s possible that the drive has experienced a hardware malfunction, and software-based fixes may not be effective. In such circumstances, consider seeking the assistance of a professional data recovery provider with experience in handling malfunctioning storage devices. They can assess the extent of the damage and recommend the best course of action for recovering your data.