Data recovery for a 3TB MyCloud drive?

yes, that would be nice

replacing the unit is … yes, something is defective, i don’t know what it is.

for the drive being red incorrectly, … for now (because it’s 2 same drives that otherwise have identical results) i’m thinking motherboard capabilities

have a bios update that just doesn’t want to work out right for me.

all that aside, …

i’ve got stuff i’ve accumulated from the net on there over the last … well over 10 years, some is games that are over 30 years old, some books on the drive over 100 years old (so obviously out of print) academic texts in about every subject i can think of, resources for learning languages, some is music, pictures, movies & documentries i’ve come across.

some stuff i like

some stuff i could find again

some stuff i could not find again

the data is a mess, i’ve made a dozen attempts at getting it organized, the drive was an attempt at being able to do so… a single source i can work on things to get things organized, remove duplicates and so on.

yes, still under warrenty, have a ticket with the drive where troubleshooting ended with “time to replace the unit” (whole MyCloud box)

i couldn’t care less about the warrenty or the name of WD if i can’t get my data back, it really doesn’t matter

it’s the stuff i’ve found that i can’t get back because when i found it on the net it was already hard enough to find. some stuff i was getting dissapeared as i was getting it, so there’s a bunch of incomplete stuff that is useless data taking up space, … so there realy is stuff i cannot get back if i loose it. so warrenty or not, doesn’t matter, i can buy another one if i care to, … or not and try a different company in the future (and do more research so i get mirrored raid drives or whatever its’ called - preferably hot-swapable)

but again, if i can’t get my data off the drive, your not getting it back

if i can get the data off the drive, great i can send it in after and i don’t care if it was the drive, or the mycloud network card in the unit that died, i don’t care, data first.

but it really **bleep** that even to find out what file format the data is sitting on, that’s a big mystery too isn’t it, i spend entire days when i can to go one step farther then the last time, making guesses, trying to figure out what i’m up against, and i find a little bit, and it’s not from WD, it’s from other consumers and 3rd party people that have gone into it (other units) to find out how things are layed out

WD isn’t doing anyone a service by protecting such things as secrets. i bought a MyCloud drive to have every machine in the house have access to it without disconnecting/reconnecting it. that’s what i payed for, i didn’t pay for company secrets that hold back things when a mistake or hardware malfunction happens that prevent me from getting access to my own stuff anymore, … that’s BS.