Data Lifeguard Diagnostics 5.19 cannot make boot floppy

The instructions for DLGDiagv519.exe say that a floppy disk creator icon should appear on my desktop but when I run the  file a DOS window with a blinking cursor opens and nothing  more happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Win XP Professional SP2.

HDD WD1600AVJB

Maybe they changed it since almost no computers use a floppy disk anymore. All I can suggest is contact customer support. I looked at the PDF and it should have the icon to create a floppy. Is this a legacy drive?

As far as I know it is not a legacy drive.  The model I posted is still listed as current by WD.

I’ll give customer support a shout tomorrow if no on else replies.  Thanks for thr tip.

I posted in ideas about upgrading their utilities and attached this thread. Somebody else posed about this yesterday too.

1 Like

drbsr wrote:

The instructions for DLGDiagv519.exe say that a floppy disk creator icon should appear on my desktop but when I run the  file a DOS window with a blinking cursor opens and nothing  more happens.

What am I doing wrong?

Win XP Professional SP2.

HDD WD1600AVJB

nothing wrong.

the upgraded zip file contains the WD DLG v5.19, a DOS program, but not the floppy creator anymore.

You may use Windows “Create MS-DOS bootable floppy” format option to create a DOS startup disk and delete some non-necessery files and copy the file inside the zip file instead.