Dashboard not storing password anymore

I bought my EX4 in November 2013. Until about a week ago when I installed the latest firmware, I never had a problem with the EX4 dashboard storing my username and password.  For over 6 months now I have used the “remember me” feature to store my credentials since I login frequently as do many other users. To access the dashboard I simply open the dashboard icon I installed on my desktop and I click the “login” button.  Since it stored my username and password there’s no need to enter my credentials each and every time.  Since the latest firmware update this feature is not working as it should. I called WD support to ask for their help in determining why it is not working properly and after we tried to figure it out they told me to call back and speak to Level 2 support since they were busy when I called. Since that time a support member emailed me asking me to send my logs so they could figure out the problem.  I have posted their email response below this message.  They are telling me that the “remember me” feature is not designed to remember the password as it always has. I have seen a few other people post here on the forums that they are having trouble with their login too, leaving me to believe outside of these few people having the same problem that I’m having that everyone elses is working just fine. If yours is working just fine as it should, that means according to this email that everyone that saves their password is really experiencing a security vulnerability as “the feature is only designed to remember the username and not the password” as their email response indicates. LOL 

Can we get some feedback here on how many of you guys use this feature like myself and let me know if it’s working as it should or if you are having trouble with it too since the last firmware update. Personally I think this email is a cop-out from trying to determine why it’s suddently not working right. 

I’ll recommend to clear this out with the support personnel.

I’m sure they will be able to help you with any information you need regarding this feature. 

John012 wrote:

I’ll recommend to clear this out with the support personnel.

I’m sure they will be able to help you with any information you need regarding this feature. 

Thank you John, that would be helpful. The email response I received was absolutely rediculous and I’m not sure why Robothief removed it.

There was a privacy disclaimer on the email you received.

That might be the reason.